Knowing as much as you can about the condition of the property before you buy will help you avoid problems and extra costs down the track. The best way of doing this is to get a pre purchase building inspection and report – commonly known as a building inspection. It will tell you about any significant building defects or problems such as rising damp, movement in the walls (cracking), safety hazards or a faulty roof to name a few. The pre purchase building inspection is usually carried out before you exchange sale contracts so you can identify any problems with the property which, if left unchecked, could prove costly to repair.
Why do I need a pre purchase building inspection and report?
There are three good reasons why you should get a building inspection report done before you buy a property:
- so you will know in advance what the defects of the building are.
- so you can use the information identified in the pre purchase building report to try and negotiate a lower price for the property i.e. you may have to pay to repair some of the problems.
- so you can get specialist advice about any major problems identified in the pre purchase building report and how they will affect the property over time.
Why chose Eddie Mullarkey Building Solutions to inspect the property?
- Pre Purchase Building Inspections carried out by Edward Mullarkey a licensed builder, he knows what to look for and will see through any cosmetic improvements covering up faults that might otherwise be missed by an untrained eye.
- The report of the findings after the professionally carried out pre purchase building inspection are in strict compliance to Australian Standard AS4349.1 and AS4349.0
- Pre purchase Building Inspection and Report is covered by full professional indemnity and public liability insurance for your peace of mind.
What we inspect
We carry out an inspection of all normally accessible areas of the property including:
- Building interior
- Building exterior
- Roof exterior
- Roof space
- The property including fences and any out buildings that may be present.